Hyde Park and Botanic Gardens Amazing Race Venue
This fantastic course is generally chosen by teams located on the south east side of the city and it’s a truly scenic course.
Slightly longer in walking distance than Botanic & CQ, it is virtually flat, so pleasant and enjoyable for all teams. An ideal team building activity for teams in conference at the Hilton Sydney or Sheraton on the Park.
We start in in Hyde Park and complete a fascinating historic walk along Macquarie Street before entering the Botanic Gardens and completing 3 checkpoints in the gorgeous surrounds.
This is a circular course that returns you back to the Hyde Park precinct. (We can also start in Hyde Park and finish in Circular Quay)
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistic details and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
Didn’t watch the video earlier? Watch it now
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve all met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams of 6-8 people.
- The event starts with some fun warm up exercises followed by a simple briefing
- You head off from the start point with a folder, map, clue and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you’re given some tasks with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- Activities: The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the types of activities that teams complete. We’ll ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit.
- The event winds up with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge.
- Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 200,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- Most teams wind down in a casual pub while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation to acknowledge all teams and then announce the winners.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be increased or shortened by around 20 minutes. Some larger groups need to allow a little extra time.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event was one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 02 9949 2989 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂 Please join us on the historic Hyde Park course.
Thanks Cate for such an amazing day.
It was a great team bonding activity that gave everyone the opportunity to get to know one another. Working with you and you team just made the event so much more enjoyable.Everyone loved seeing the sights of Sydney especially all those new to Sydney.
I would recommend this to any company seeking a great team bonding activity at a third the price of any of the other companies.
It was not too difficult and suited to every fitness levels. It also included a variety of challenges from creative thinking to mental and problem solving activities.
Thanks again and hopefully we can work together sometime in the future.
Sydney’s Best Priced City Race Event
Now $200 Off – From $1,750 + gst for 21-25 participants
(usually $1,950 – plus permit from $245 + gst)
Includes 2 – 5 friendly, professional facilitators, logistics, planning, equipment (including digital cameras and lanyards to identify teams), and small trophy for each member of the winning team. We upload your photos to Dropbox to share after the event.