Darling Harbour and Pyrmont Amazing Race
The Pyrmont / Darling Harbour course is an interesting, diverse and varied route which includes Pyrmont Park, the Darling Harbour foreshore and precinct and Historic Union square and Pyrmont.
This course combines the buzz of Darling Harbour with the historic charm and interest of Pyrmont – truly something for everyone.
We meet you in the waterfront park outside Star City Casino and teams can finish at a Darling Harbour venue (eg the Watershed, Pyrmont Bridge Hotel) or cross Pyrmont Bridge to Cockle Bay.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistic details and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
Didn’t watch the video earlier? Watch it now
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve all met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams of 6-8 people.
- The event starts with some fun warm up exercises followed by a simple briefing
- You head off from the start point with a folder, map, clue and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you’re given some tasks with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- Activities: The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the types of activities that teams complete. We’ll ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit.
- The event winds up with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge.
- Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 200,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- Most teams wind down in a casual pub while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation to acknowledge all teams and then announce the winners.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be increased or shortened by around 20 minutes. Some larger groups need to allow a little extra time.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event was one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 02 9949 2989 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂 Please join us on the brilliant Darling Harbour & Pyrmont course.
Good Morning Cate,
A massive thank you to you and the team from Saturday. Please pass on my apologies, I was all set to say thank you to them at Margaritaville but my boss got up and spoke to us and I missed my chance. So please pass on a massive thanks to Ben, Wendy and Lindsey for me, they were absolutely fantastic to work with and the afternoon went so well.
Everyone I’ve spoken to so far had an awesome time running around Sydney! There was lots of energy on the day and your team did well to harness that. It was a fabulous event and the activities were creative and fun.
Thanks very much for the photos, I look forward to seeing the rest of them – the ones so far are hilarious!
Thanks again for your help, I couldn’t have organised it as smoothly without your help. I will definitely recommend you to other groups here looking for team bonding activities.
Sydney’s Best Priced City Race Event
Now $300 Off – From $1,750 + gst for 21-25 participants
Includes 2 – 5 friendly, professional facilitators, logistics, planning, equipment (including digital cameras and lanyards to identify teams), and small trophy for each member of the winning team. We upload your photos to Dropbox to share after the event.