Cockle Bay and Darling Harbour
Please note, due to intense construction and development our Cockle Bay course is not available at the moment. Please see Pyrmont Darling Harbour which is in the same vicinity.
The Cockle Bay Amazing Race is a brilliant event in a spectacular part of town. It is the flattest of all routes, so people of even below average fitness can complete it with ease (as can wheelchair users).
Starting near the Imax, it is the simplest course to navigate, as it doesn’t involve any streets or have potential for wrong turns.
Featuring the revamped Cockle Bay, the Chinese Gardens, Darling Harbour and Pyrmont Bridge, this course has something for everyone to enjoy.
Enjoy one of the great Cockle Bay finish points including Helm Bar, Tokio Bar or Cargo Bar in King Street Wharf.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistic details and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
Didn’t watch the video earlier? Watch it now
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve all met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams of 6-8 people.
- The event starts with some fun warm up exercises followed by a simple briefing
- You head off from the start point with a folder, map, clue and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you’re given some tasks with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- Activities: The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the types of activities that teams complete. We’ll ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit.
- The event winds up with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge.
- Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 200,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- Most teams wind down in a casual pub while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation to acknowledge all teams and then announce the winners.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be increased or shortened by around 20 minutes. Some larger groups need to allow a little extra time.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event was one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 02 9949 2989 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂 Please join us on the fun and easy Cockle Bay course.
Huge thanks to you and your team – very well organised and received really good feedback from the team.
Personally for me, I had a super time and one of the best team bonding sessions I have attended!
Thanks again and have already recommended you 🙂
Beverley Ann Dent
Sydney’s Best Priced City Race Event
Price indication – $1,850 + gst for 25 participants
(larger groups are more cost effective)
Request your quote below
Includes 2 – 5 friendly, professional facilitators, logistics, planning, equipment (including digital cameras and lanyards to identify teams), and small trophy for each member of the winning team. We upload your photos to Dropbox to share after the event.