Sydney Amazing Race Rocks Course
The City Rocks Course is a great favourite and engages every team. It starts just near Wynyard in Lang Park. We head up Kent St to enjoy the view from the first checkpoint at Observatory Hill (there is one set of stairs on the way there).
From there you undertake a challenge that winds through the historic Rocks and pops you out near the Overseas Passenger Terminal to enjoy the huge buzz of Circular Quay.
This course combines history and interest with great energy and atmosphere, you can’t go wrong choosing the Rocks.
We can finish in any casual venue Circular Quay or the Rocks.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistic details and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
Didn’t watch the video earlier? Watch it now
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve all met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams of 6-8 people.
- The event starts with some fun warm up exercises followed by a simple briefing
- You head off from the start point with a folder, map, clue and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you’re given some tasks with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- Activities: The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the types of activities that teams complete. We’ll ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit.
- The event winds up with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge.
- Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 200,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- Most teams wind down in a casual pub while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation to acknowledge all teams and then announce the winners.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be increased or shortened by around 20 minutes. Some larger groups need to allow a little extra time.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event was one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 02 9949 2989 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂 Please join us on the fabulous Rocks course.
Hi Cate, a big thank you to both you and your team leaders for the Event on Friday – our entire team had an amazing time. It was very beneficial, and perfect for developing team bonding – just what we were after! I have to say, your team leaders are great at what they do. They are all so energised, positive, kind and welcoming.
I have already had a number of enquiries from other teams within the company due to the “bragging” from our team. If you don’t mind, I will forward the enquirers your details for them to make contact with you.
I will certainly be in contact in the future, should we decide to participate again in another “Amazing Race”.
Executive Assistant, M2 Communications
Sydney’s Best Priced City Race Event
Usually $1,950. Save $200 today – From $1,750 + gst for 25 people.
Please enquire for a quote for your specific group size.
We price in brackets, starting from from 11 – 15 people, please enquire below for your quote. Includes expert facilitation by Team Bonding, planning assistance, logistics and permits, equipment, a modest prize and 2 – 6 friendly, experienced facilitators.